Successfully Launch a New Technology in an Industry Saturated with Home Networking Technologies and Fierce Competition
HDBaseT Alliance is an organization of technology leaders (LG Electronics, Samsung Electronics, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Valens Semiconductor) promoting an audio/video connectivity technology called HDBaseT. As a new organization with a new product, HDBaseT Alliance needed to make a strong impact with its public launch in order to position itself as a credible industry organization and become a top-of-mind technology in the networking market.
Nereus was hired to help with research, strategy, communications and messaging leading up to the public launch of HDBaseT Alliance.
- Secure 50 unique articles from targeted list and at least 120 online press release postings
- Secure endorsement via analyst quote in release
- Refresh website in conjunction with launch
- Direct target audiences to website, creating a sizeable spike in traffic
- Develop Twitter and Wikipedia presence
Nereus Executes Comprehensive Media and Blogger Relations Plan
Nereus issued a press release formally introducing the Alliance and its technology. The announcement was accompanied by e-mail pitching and personalized phone outreach to 270 contacts and top-tier targets. A social media plan, including Twitter, Wikipedia and LinkedIn, was also launched.
Established Connections with Key Industry Voices; Introduced HDBaseT as a Promising New Technology
Due to compelling news, refined messaging, prepared spokespeople and real-time launch day problem solving, Nereus met or exceeded all objectives. Based on coverage, website traffic statistics, social media buzz and key message pick-up, the public launch of the HDBaseT Alliance and its specification was an astounding success. The announcement successfully spurred awareness and industry support for the organization's technology.
- Secured 84 unique articles from targeted list, 192 release reposts
- Gained the endorsement of influential industry analyst, Brian O'Rourke, In-Stat, via press release quote
- Website successfully launched in conjunction with announcements
- Attracted 185,430 website views within four weeks of announcement
- Wikipedia page embraced by community; Alliance received 3,000+ tweets
"I think it is clear that HDBaseT is being perceived by the press as a great solution to a real problem. So before we start the hard work of managing the member recruiting process etc, just wanted to say thanks for your hard work, I trust on behalf of the four Founders." -- Ariel Sobelman, President, HDBaseT Alliance